$35.00 – $350.00
The Diabetes Clinic runs all year round. Type 2 Diabetes affects more and more people in today’s developed world. This is due to the western diet and the western lifestyle combined. Often we learn how to eat as a child and without the correct nutrition, leading us into a way of eating that does not serve our body. Without the education around food and eating we can be easily led by the food industry and feel that our body does not behave in the way we would like it. This results eventually in cases of elevated blood sugar levels, elevated cholesterol and abdominal fat, also known as Metabolic syndrome. This can often happen slowly and insidiously meaning we don’t notice it until we get there. Stress can also affect this pattern but the problem with diabetes is the effects on our organs including our cardiovascular system, our hormonal system and our immune systems. If we do not address this our blood sugars can become chronically high and this leads onto the more serious outcomes such as kidney failure, blindness and cardiovascular events. In these cases medications are needed but are often not enough. The only answer is to reverse the damage done by the over consumption of foods and lifestyle based interventions. It is important to make sure you see a qualified nutritionist in this case so we can assess your diet and lifestyle and help you to get the best result in a way that suits you. We can also use herbs alongside medications to support your journey.
Our Diabetes Clinic aims to teach you how to eat to reverse type 2 diabetes safely. These eating techniques can be included in your daily life to help you keep you satiated and we will help you determine what foods you can eat for helathy blood sugar levels. We then determine what herbs may also help you along the way so that you can utilise the herbal remedies that we have available alongside your dietary and lifestyle measures. As we see you in follow ups, we help motivate and encourage you to keep up the good work and help problems solve all issues along the way as you learn how to look after yourself better.
If we don’t address diabetes or pre-diabetes we can easily start to think that there is nothing we can do about our situation. Meanwhile our digestive system suffers from all of the foods we have eaten and we feel tired and irritated. We can change all of these things throughout your time in the Diabetes Clinic working on what comes up in the consultation.
To book the Diabetes Clinic you need to be prepared to do the following:
- 1.5 hour appointment ~ We go over your symptoms, medications and talk about diet as we prepare you to embark on your journey. We start with diet and education about blood glucose as we negotiate you a plan to reduce your blood sugar readings. This includes a referral to your GP to discuss the protocol before implementing it.
- 45 minute follow up ~ This is the most important follow up as we start you on the protocol and teach you more about the changes you are making and help you to navigate your way through the often challenging diet initially. This is your time to ask questions.
- 30 minute follow up ~ Further changes to your diet and lifestyle require deeper understanding of the food industry and the psychological impact of losing weight. We also assess your symptoms and see if there are any early improvements or issues with the diet. If things are going well your blood sugars will be starting to stabilise. For others, time and patience may require that you work on it for longer to get the desired results.
- 15 minute follow up – We further discuss how eating patterns affect blood sugar levels so that you begin to understand why you are making the changes you are. We start to discuss a Maintenance diet for when blood sugars and weight are controlled, to help keep you there in the long term.
- Weekly 15 minute follow ups ~ We continue with weekly 15 minute follow ups so that you feel supported and improve as expected. We will send you to your doctor for follow up blood tests until we get Hba1c readings that are in range. If you purchase the package deal this 15 minute appointment is free of charge.
All appointments involve communication with your medical practitioner where necessary.
To make a booking, head to the booking section at the bottom of this page (the button below scrolls to that section). There you can choose your clinic service, your preferred practitioner, and select from the available times. Payments can be made by adding this product to your cart and completing the online checkout process, or in person after your clinic session.