$70.00 – $300.00
Integrative Care is a term used to describe an integrative approach to healthcare. Having a relationship with your doctor is important for any health condition and having a relationship with a naturopath that can work with your doctor to treat your health from a holistic and nutritional perspective is just as integral.
Integrative care means using herbal remedies alongside your medical care and using herbal medicines to reduce side-effects or complement your care. We can develop you a plan where we look at your medications and decide what we can use to keep you medication dosage as low as possible, offset side-effects and help you come off medications you don’t need anymore. We can look at how to replace some of them with herbal medicines where possible and can offer you alternative ways of looking after yourself.
Integrative care is based on assessment of your family and medical history, current health issues and medications, and includes a written, evidence based plan based around your treatment needs. We can offer you a second opinion and communicate with your doctor in order to give you the best outcomes. We give you a thorough explanation of your treatments, a dietary plan based on your needs and thorough communication with your team of health professionals.
All of our Integrative Clinics are designed to be supportive and involve a thorough investigation of your medications to help with the following:
- Reducing medication side-effects – complementary medicine can help reduce medication side-effects on the liver, kidneys, heart and brain
- Psychiatric medication side-effects – psychiatric medications come with side-effects some of which we can reduce with evidence based therapies
- Reducing drug dosages – using complementary therapies we can reduce the dosage of some medications
- Weaning off medications – help weaning off medications where possible and with the support of your GP and using herbal medicines
- Drug nutrient interactions – some drugs decrease certain nutrient levels so we search these in our databases and address potential deficiencies
In your appointment we go over your symptoms, diagnosis and medical interventions. We start to develop your plan and make recommendations based on the latest evidence. We initiate communication with your GP team and start the process of working together to improve your health outcomes.
An Integrative Clinic consists of the following appointments:
- 1 hour and 15 minute initial appointment ~ We go over your diagnosis and treatment, develop you a plan and advise on diet and herbal remedies that can help you
- 45 minute follow up ~ We measure progress and upgrade the plan based on your improvements
- 30 minute follow up ~ Once your main treatments are managed we develop you a longer term plan and continue to support you as often as required
Further ongoing follow ups can be booked. All appointments involve full communication with your GP team.
To make a booking, head to the booking section at the bottom of this page (the button below scrolls to that section). There you can choose your clinic service, your preferred practitioner, and select from the available times. Payments can be made by adding this product to your cart and completing the online checkout process, or in person after your clinic session.