Acquarella Nail Polish ~Girly
$25.00 – $34.00
Finallly a non-toxic nail polish is here! We were hesitant to stock a nail polish until we found the right one and now we have it. Acquarella is made without any formaldehyde and therefore does not contain any ingredients that gives nail polish that awful smell. Other nail polish are made from petrochemical derived ingredients which are mineral oil based (think petrol) not plant based oil. Not the kind of things we want in our body – or our kids bodies.
Acquarella polish is a water-based enamel made with a non-toxic, acrylic emulsion, natural pigments made from Iron oxide are then added. It is completely free of any petrochemical solvents and this makes it a product that is better for the environment and you at the same time.
Girly is a hot pink, great for summer fun and if you love a splash of colour this pink is for you. Looks great against both fair or dark skin.
This is not a traditional nail polish and that is a good thing. With plant based ingredients comes a slightly different set of instructions so bear with us as we explain water-based versus oil-based:
Water-based nail polishes dry different in that they dry “top down” instead of “bottom up”. Effectively, it will touch dry quickly, while under the surface, it is still “wet”. That being said, once the polish is dry to the touch, it won’t rub off on your clothing or other fabrics but it does take a while for the polish to completely “set” and we recommend at least 6 hours for this process to complete. That’s quite a lot of time, so, to achieve this with the least stress on the polish (and you) we suggest applying Acquarella 15-20 minutes before going to bed. Doing this allows the polish to touch dry, then “cure” while you sleep for better wear. And remember it’s non-toxic so you can do it in bed 😉
Please follow the instructions they are definatley worth using your first time:
- Remove polish after your bath or shower – Acquarella polish does absorb water and the warmer it is, the better the absorption will loosen the polish structure.
- Use cotton rounds/pads
- Pre-apply Remover to all nails with the round/pad and allow the remover to “soak in” to the polish surface for at least a minute, rubbing occasionally. Additionally, you can pre-apply in combination with your bath or shower for greater efficacy.
- With the remover already working, use the pad to remove a majority of the nail polish alternating nails occasionally. Do not rub all the polish off one nail at one time.
- When a majority of nail polish is off the nail, use focused pressure on stubborn polish while under running water to assist removal. For toes, doing this in the shower or at the end of a bath will achieve the same effect. The focused pressure with water being present helps the film absorb, expand and deteriorate for easier removal.
Tip: Make the first coat a very thin coat, not worrying about coverage. The second coat is a coverage coat. Less coats and less material will wear significantly better than 3+ coats.
So please, enjoy!
Aqua, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer. May contain: CI 77489, CI 77492, Mica, CI 77891 and/or CI 77499
1. Remove existing nail polish then wash hands and nails thoroughly with soap and water.
Girly, Girly plus remover